Sunday, January 21, 2007

What do YOU want to happen in YOUR church.....YOUR city?

Good Afternoon! WOW! What a service and it all started in Sunday School or rather it really started with a burden for souls. This morning in SS, Sis. Elms challenged us to "WRITE" our vision for "our" church and "our" city. At first you see a blank sheet of paper and you are expected to fill it out. But not really, there were no expectations, only realizations. It is our church and it is our city, we welcomed the space to put our vision. It was an opportunity to rekindle all those many wonderful visions that each of us have sat on many days desiring to see God do.
I dove right into it and I would like to share with all. I know there are many that were in SS today that will read this but for those "Lifers" that were not in there to hear all the many wonderful visions. I know You would love to hear so that your hearts will be continually stirred. (Not like this morning worship service was not reason enough to rejoice because it was.) If God chooses to never bless me again, I have been blessed in an abundance that would definitely suffice for the rest of my life. This morning being one of them.

In MY church - these things ARE happening in the midst of our lives.
(however, I have a desire for MORE!)
1. UNITY among the brethren at all times.
(there is only (1) goal and that is salvation and heaven.) - that includes everything worthwhile.
2.CONSTANT CONCERN for the lost.
(More than just, oh I want them to be saved)
Relationship-the Word-Relationship-the Word-Relationship-the Word. Need I say more?
3. Plans for a bigger church because all of the above has taken place.

In My City - it happened this morning, glory to God!

I see us as a "Lighthouse" both physically & spiritually

--a building where one (both lost and saved) can run into and be safe

--a body that when one enters: the presence of God is so strong that one becomes an overcomer by His Spirit almost instantaneously!

My brothers & sisters - let your faith be built by what we experienced this morning. We are all a part of the great outpouring of the Holy Ghost that God is releasing. This is only the tip of the iceberg. God is moving on our behalf. His promises, let me say again, His promises are yea and amen. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so. We as a body of believers said so this morning and God moved.

I thank the Lord for the mighty works that were done this morning and what is happening and moving in the Spirit world as I write this.

Be encouraged and remember: Through Christ I CAN!

Sis. Elms left us with this last question:
What will I do to make MY vision come to pass?

Remember they will be "WON by ONE".

2 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Great post, Tammy! I feel your heart in this and I'm with you all the way! Let's see it happen....TOGETHER! Love you!

Keith and Carla said...

Where are you?!!! It's time to see something new on your blog!