Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sitting by the Fire

Today has been a day of relaxation and I am so thankful for it. I have done a few things but I have been glad to not have been running around doing this and that. I need times like these just to sit and enjoy. Most of all, just to sit. The fire has been an added and extra pleasure. I really don't believe I will ever live in a house or have a home without a fireplace. It is a must for me. I also dreamed of having one when I was younger. When I was single and lived in Little Rock, I was tickled when my apartment had a fireplace. The irony was I lived there during the summer and never has a chance to use it. One of the apartments we have lived in since being married, Kathy was 5 years of age at the time had a fireplace and we loved it. We were so thankful too. Why? One year, Feb 1996 during "Because of the Times" the ice was so bad that it was so heavy on the wires that several transformers blew. Ours was one of them - we were in the cold for a very long time. Our fireplace was all we had and we were very glad.
Fireplaces always make me think of slowing down to relax and enjoy. So whether you have a fireplace or not I hope you take this time to sit, relax and enjoy. Did I mention those words enough to entice you to do so? I hope so!!

6 comments:

Linda Elms said...

I'm in there with you Sis. Tammy! I love a fireplace with a hot burning fire in it! There's not many things that are relaxing like a fireplace, a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a good book to read. Enjoy!

Tammy Bryant said...

AMEN!! Enough said!

Anonymous said...

The pics of the childrens choir are great.That was a proud night for me as RaeLinn stood up there singing.Enjoy the fireplace.

Keith and Carla said...

I've never lived in a house without a fireplace! They are so nice to have when the ice causes all the power to go off. Ours is a gas fireplace so we don't have to mess with all the ashes and stuff. It's very convenient, also. Turn it on, turn it off!

Glad you're enjoying yours.

Misty said...

I love the fireplace we have also, but I may have to agree with Sis Carla on the gas burning one. We are new to having one and we were smoked out the other day because it had been a while since I cleaned ours out. Jason won't let me start it again because he thinks it will be smoky and smelly around our house. :(

Tammy Bryant said...

Okay here it goes:
Carla - yes a gas fireplace is great and I would love one but only if it was one that did both logs or no logs. I love the fact of seeing the wood on fire.
Misty - just make sure you ALWAYS have the pflug open to keep the smoke out. We (I) have done that a time or two.
I am so glad to hear that y'all enjoy the fireplace too.