Monday, January 8, 2007

Tammy's 5 Things Most People Don't Know

5 Things Most People Don't Know about ME!!!

1. Some may know but with the amount of people that come in and read this who knows or who remembers. LOL! Anyway, I lived in Riverside California when I was a little girl. I was in 2nd grade. Which for everyone's information, my dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed at March AFB that is only 7 miles from Bro. Booker's church in Rialto. I was there in 71 & 72. Those of you of knowledge - think back and tell me what churches was there during that time and who the pastors were. Who knows Sis.Elms - maybe there was a Fosters Freeze nearby and we went to it. =))That was when I was introduced to Disneyland and even went to a taping of the game show, "Let's Make a Deal". If you are under 40, you probably don't have a clue of what I am talking about. I remember California being the most fun all of us kids ever had living. We did so many things out there to include, Laguna Beach and going to see car races somewhere. We even went up to Bear Mountain - it was not snowing as we went up but on the way down it became a snowstorm.

2. Lynn - this is for you. I was a band nerd in high school also and college for that matter. We went to State every year and even won sweepstakes one time. It was a lot of fun. What most don't know is that I went to college on a music scholarship - I was one of the highest paid non-music majors. I spent most of my college life being involved in music. So why did I not major in music? Remember this is only what others don't know - not the why hour? Just teasing! But get this -trumpet is not what I played - French horn is the primary instrument that I received all of my accolades on.

3. I lettered in tennis in high school and then when I was teaching high school in Alexandria they asked me to coach the tennis team there and I accepted. Cute skirts but just too short - that was very short lived for me! LOL! I enjoy playing all different sports but those days are over - I like Sis. Ronda wrote on hers was a tomboy growing up and really enjoyed being outside.

4. I was privileged to be at the 2nd Inauguration of President Clinton. I was in the orchestra in Alexandria and the choir & orchestra was invited to go and perform at the church service the morning of the swearing in. It was a great honor to be on the grounds and nearby allt he excitement that was going on. It was bitter cold on those days but it was well worth it. The subway was definitely an experience along with downtown Washington DC.

So many things all of a sudden that floods my mind, which one do I chose?

5. Okay, here it goes: I have read how some hate the rain and tornadoes. I personally hate to drive in it and have my share of being in bad rainy situations. However, if I had my druthers - I love to sit on the back porch while it is raining and just watch & of course drink my coffee. Sitting with family and/or friends and relaxing to the voices of each other sharing stories is truly something that floats my boat. I could do that for hours and as some of you know - I have!Okay, there are my five and now it is time for me to tag.

This is going to be a surprise but since Bro. Jason and Sis. Julie now have a blog for their upcoming wedding. Julie and Jason consider both of you tagged.We all look forward to yall's 5.

To all - have a great day and be blessed in Jesus name.

9 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Tammy, I know exactly where you're at when you talk about Rialto. In '71-'72 I don't know who pastored in Rialto, but there was a little church in Bloomington, CA where Sis. Anderson pastored. Bro. Elms and I preached our FIRST revival there. The "Bloomington, UPC church" was Mother's home church where she grew up. Bloomington was next door to Rialto, so when Daddy took that church in Bloomington several years later, the church bought property in Rialto and built the church that is there today pastored by Bro. Booker. I believe there was a Foster's Freeze in Rialto. We went there some, but there was a cafe in Bloomington that made "homemade hamburgers" that I went to with my grandma Pound. It was owned by a relative of the Howell's!! Small world, isn't it? I could sit on your porch and drink coffee and tell stories with you for hours!

Tammy Bryant said...

How tears come to my eyes just thinking about the memories that were being made in the spiritual realm right under my little nose as a little girl. WOW!! If we could take a look back as Jesus did at the Transfiguration and see all that was going on.
WOW!!! Which makes me think of Bro. Randy's SS lesson yesterday. Prayer - breaking beyond the veil. Chill bumps I feel.

Karla said...

Well, well, well - and I thought I knew you SO well! LOL! I did not know about the music scholarship, you living in Riverside (my dad proposed to my mother in Riverside), and I didn't know about tennis. Such amazing things. I don't know when you left Riverside, but we moved to Bloomington when I was 6 or 7 - it would've had to be 1974 or so.

Ashley said...

I enjoyed your five. I knew about the tennis and the storytelling on the porch but I didn't know about the others.

Gene Holley said...

Enjoyed the 5! I would like them to change the name to "Freedom Horn" - kind of like "Freedom Fries"! Did not know much of this.

Tammy Bryant said...

That was really cute Bro. Gene. It just about caught me off guard. You are a hoot!

Lynn said...

Yeah, I know what Sweepstakes is all about, our band is now a 19 straight year veteran of those! Yep, who's the bigger band nerd now?

Joseph James said...

Enjoyed your five things... I remember watching both of President Clinton's inagural procedures while in school. I always take time to let my students watch things that involve important national procedures. History is so important for our children.

Personally, I would have been sky high to be in an important national service at the National Cathedral in D.C. How cool.

Tammy Bryant said...

It is definitely something I will never forget. I would love for the Life Tab choir to be invited one day along with the orchestra we have along with the many more members that will come along. You just never know what might happen in the future!
But God!!!!