Sunday, May 13, 2007

What a great Mothers' Day!



Good Evening to all the Mother's that read this blog and of course everyone else!


Today has been a very special, fun and just neat day! I want to say thank you to my special children Kathy Liz and Howie. They definitely surprised me this morning - Dan was in on it too! Some of you mothers may get a kick out of this and also may want some too!!! First of all, I love Starbucks Vanilla Latte - for those who think and/or wonder if I am high maintenance. I am, not only a vanilla latte, but sugar free, fat free with 4 splendas and whipped cream. For all my WW friends, it is ONLY 5 points. LOL!! Oh yea, I was posting so let me continue. Dan got up early and went and got one for me but he told me I could not drink it all -- I did not understand at first but it soon became very clear. He took my coffee and me to our living room and told me to sit and wait. The kids came running in with cards and Dan followed behind with this beautiful mug filled with my Starbucks coffee. I loved it. It was sweet and definitely a surprise. Inside my cards from both of my children were these special cards callled "Mom's call". It actually says this card entitles Mom to an immediate wish without any backtalk, moans, groans or eye-rolling. I loved it. I received 5 cards from each of them. Kathy asked what happens when they ran out, Dan politely reminded her that the supply is never ending. I LOVED IT!


We came home from church, we decided not to fight the crowds. Dan & the kids made my lunch, cleaned the kitchen and I enjoyed the day lounging while they worked. Can it be Mothers' Day everyday???? Tonight we had breakfast - it was wonderful! We were all in the kitchen helping get it ready and it tasted delicious. No one is going to bed tonight with an empty stomach, get the picture.

Bro. Elms talked about prayer and finding our own time with the Lord everyday. What a great pastor. I so appreciate his love for his flock.


Well, one more thing I will have to say. I have a friend that sent me a text message and would you believe, I could not read it. All I can say, thank goodness for dictionaries.

Today was great simply due to God's mercy, grace and great love!
Check out the new family picture taken today to the right!

5 comments:

Karen Prince said...

Glad your day was special!
I received flowers, candy and bath & body stuff from Kris, cards from the others! We had a lunch at one of my favorites. TGIFridays! They have THE BEST Jack Daniels sauce.

The new picture is very nice!

Keith and Carla said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day! Mine was special, but I must say that every day with my family is a treasure, and they treat me so well.

P.S. Your friend had to dictate to one of her friends as to what she wanted the text message to say!!! LOL

Karla said...

LOVE the new picture!

Lynda said...

Glad you had a wonderful mother's day. I like the new family picture. Nathan kept telling me all day "It's Mother's Happy Day" Kids are great

Linda Elms said...

Tammy, I'm so happy you had such a special day! You deserved every minute of it. I love the new family picture, also.