Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Good Afternoon!!

It is a new year and a very new post. Yes, it has been over a year since I have written ANYTHING. I have commented very few times during that period also.

I am just somewhat in the mood to write a little so I thought I would. So, you might ask what has triggered this writing? So many things have happened in the last year I can not tell it all. Nor would you want to hear it ALL.

Since September of 2008, I have been energized with two words: Bible Quiz.
I am amazed, overwhelmed, excited, impressed and just downright thrilled with this.

Watching and listening to the children do what each of us as adults (not judging at all) can be doing is what I would call, very moving. To hear the Word of God spoken in the home everday is mind numbing at times. Maybe we should let our minds be numbed more often and then we could follow the leading of the Lords' spirit better. Just a thought.

When I hear the littlest, youngest and smallest of them all, quote Gods' word, my heart literally begins to pitter-pat!! It gives a warm feeling all over and reminds me of just what the Word of the Lord means to me.

I am thankful for the what the scriptures have taught throughout my life and I am thankful that as Howie reads and recites these words, he begins to ask questions. There has been many, many more teachable moments. As parents and saints, these are opportunites that you love to happen. It is a joy to explain in detail what the words mean to this little precious one of HIS.

Okay, I feel like a I am rambling now!

To all the children involved with Bible Quizzing --
Keep up the work, you are learning more than you know. You will be able to look back and use these times of studies as a teaching tool for your children and grandchildren.

Kudos goes out to Chris and Christina Isom!!
Bless them Lord as they prepare our children in this endeavor.

Until later, I know I know I hear some of you saying next year or 2, well you will just have to check back and see.

Love to all!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow this is going to be a year of Miracles! I love what God is doing through the Bible Quizzing program! I know that great things are to come and already happening! I am also thrilled that you were in a writing mood! I hope the trend continues! I commented back to you on my blog before I knew that you had posted, the content is a bit ironic! Love you and enjoyed you post!

Tammy Bryant said...

Well, I am glad that I was in the writing mood too. You can thank that in part to Bro. Dan. He gave me a new computer for the new year. It is one of the small notebooks that is about the size of a planner and I love it.

Yes, this is the year for miracles and I will keep you posted. (no pun intended.)

Gene Holley said...

Awesome post - and overdue! :) I am excited to see these children learning verses whether they win a tournament or not. I know they would enjoy the win, but the Word will not return void. Let us hear from you on this blog more this year.

Michelle said...

Wow, you posted!! I love how hard yall have been working with Howie, I think it's wonderful he's doing so well with quizzing:) I'm looking forward to some awesome tournaments!

Karla said...

Great post, Tammy! Keep it up!

Karen Prince said...

Amazing! That you posted, my friend! I hope this is a new year's resolution! :)
Bible quizzing is awesome. I am amazed that kids can memorize SO many scriptures.